Friday, August 05, 2011

Week in the Life 2011: Wednesday

After an early morning doctor's appointment, I went to nearby Beacon Hill to a most delicious filipino bakery, Delite.  They were already out of biko (a sweet rice cake with a caramel topping), but I was able to get some banana-q's (plantains rolled in sugar and deep fried) and suman (sticky rice cooked with coconut milk in a banana leaf).

  I decided to take a spur of the moment stop for some filipino breakfast at Inay's.  I was tempted by longsilog and tocilog, but decided the bangus (fried milkfish) would be good for baby.
  I rushed back to catch the deep water exercise class at the pool.  Is this pregnant mama so out of shape that working out with mostly senior citizens is challenging?  Our teacher had us play tag in the water, and even though it was a sweet old lady who chased me, I was determined not to get caught.  It really got both of our hearts pumping.  When I got home, Maude was asleep as usual - this time on the couch.
Around noon, I headed with my friend to the Eastside to accompany her on some back to school/teacher shopping.  It's weird to think it's almost the end of the summer and I'm not gearing up for school, but am instead waiting for baby to make her appearance!  After running errands, we went to Peaks for some coconut and vanilla frozen custard.  The short walk there in the heat made the custard taste even better.  On the way home, I picked up some avocados to make some smoothies later this week.
I finally got back on the sewing machine in the late afternoon and sewed some baby gifts for another friend.  Don't you love this color scheme and pattern?  I made a taggie, a burp cloth, and a drawstring bag that can be used to hold diaper changing supplies.  I used some of the ribbon to make a paci holder too.

No comments:

Post a Comment