Thursday, March 15, 2007

a short burst of spring


that's a real dog, originally uploaded by supafly.

For a brief moment this week it felt like spring and I tried to take full advantage of it. After the school day ended, I rushed home to go for bicycle rides. On Monday, my sister Sharon and I biked down the lake path to Aloha Grill to split a delicious order of combination seafood and bbq short ribs with two scoops of rice and macaroni salad. Ah, I love the Hawaiian plate lunch! Since good filipino restaurants serving tapsilog are so hard to find in Chicago, Aloha is a good substitute. After dinner we stopped at the take out window of Baladoché, the fancy Belgian waffle place on Clark. I am ashamed to say that I paid $6 for a tiny reheated waffle sprinkled in cinnamon. (I didn't know until I talked to my friend that you could ask them to make a fresh one!) What was I thinking? I'd much rather pay $1.50 or so for one of the addictive chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting at the Sensational Bites bakery on Southport near the Music Box. I biked there on Tuesday. While I was walking further South, I spied this dog in the window of one of the many overpriced boutiques. Yeah, that's a real dog in the window. It was so adorable I almost went inside, but I always feel so slovenly and poor when I see the well-dressed sales people and the over priced clothes so I decided to keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment